Georges grave at St Peters Church, Fairfield
George is named on the Memorial.
1876: born 20th July 1876 Chapel-en-le-Frith Vol 7b Page 741, (13th February 1877 is the DOB on Georges School Records) Fairfield, George was christened at St Peters on 5th November 1876. Georges father also George was a Farm Bailiff & his mother Harriet was a Dairymaid. The family were living at Farm House, Fairfield. George was one of ten children.
1884: 31st March 1884 George started North Road School the family were living at Pig Tor. On 30th June 1885 George transferred to the Infant section of the school.
1891 Census: Living at Alma Cottages aged 14yrs working as Farm Labourer.
1901 Census: Living at 4 Halls Cottages, Queens Road, Fairfield working as a Stone Mason.
1908: Marriage to Elizabeth Jane Lomas Chapel-en-le-Frith. Vol 7b Page 1774 A/M/J Qtr.
1911 Census: Living at 145 Fairfield Road. Working as a Stone Mason, George was Stepfather to Elizabeth’s children including Harry Lomas (Died WW1).